Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Timo Perez is NOT a number 3 hitter

Jim Leyland is a great manager, no question about it. I love the fact that he smokes like a chimney, and is totally unashamed about it. He has a sense of humor, and doesn't take himself overly seriously, unlike some other managers. cough//LaRussa//cough

I give the Marlboro Man well deserved kudos on a regular basis, and he gets the benefit of the doubt from me 99.9% of the time. What follows is the .1%...

Why on earth is Timo Perez, and his .143 hitting 4A player ass, batting 3rd for the Tigers tonight!? There is no legitimate reason for Perez to be hitting so high in the order. None whatsoever.

To be honest, I wondered why Perez was brought up to begin with, as he did not do a damn thing in his first go around with the big club. Whatever, he's the 25th man. Thing is, THE 25TH MAN ON THE ROSTER SHOULD NOT BE HITTING IN THE 3 SLOT! NEVER! NO WAY, NO HOW!

I can only think of a couple of reasons as to why the Cigarette Smoking Man would do such a bizarre thing. It's thanks to either his odd obsession with refusing to move players around in the batting order, or he's smoking blunts.

My money is on the blunts. It makes more sense than his batting order fetish.

3 comments:

  1. I just turned on the game in the top of the 3rd and caught Granderson and Polanco hitting. When Perez came up, I figured the most logical conclusion was that Grandy and Polanco were hitting 7 and 8.

    I think the real truth is that Jim Leyland thinks so little of the Royals, that he just wants to see if the Tigers can win with a .125 hitter in the three spot. (And by the way - why not play Maybin? Shouldn't he be getting ABs?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always found that blunts made my manegerial decisions better when playing Ken Griffey Jr Baseball on the Super Nintendo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe Leyland thinks batting order is meaningless and he's trying to show exactly that?

    I think your blunts idea is the winner so far.

    ReplyDelete