Thursday, August 28, 2008

(Exhibition) Game day thread: Detroit Lions (3-0) vs. Buffalo...Screw it! Who the Hell cares?

Let's be honest. It's the 4th and final exhibition game. It means nothing. Absolutely nothing. Less than zero. Zip. Nada. Nuttin'. Jack and shit.

For that matter, how many of you out there are going to bother watching two teams go through the motions? Look at tonight's TV agenda...

1. We are going to be witness to American history tonight, with Barack Obama officially becoming the Democratic nominee for president. His acceptance speech should be worth watching, ya think?

2. College football starts! Hoo-damn-ray! Games on FSN and the 4 Letter, w00t!

3. For you tennis fans, the US Open continues. It is our national championship, after all.

4. For the mouth breathers who like televised train wrecks, FOX has the lowest common denominator reality show, "The Moment of Truth." You know some morons would rather watch this crap. Why? I try not to think about it...

5. Anything other than exhibition football.

So I don't think many folks will be glued to the game. But it's still a Lions game day, so I'm going through the motions...

Game Information
Lions @ Bills
Kickoff: 6:30 p.m. EDT
Stadium: Ralph Wilson  Stadium
Television: WWJ-TV 62/CBS
Play-By-Play: Matt  Shepard (WHAT?! No Gus Johnson? Shit!)
Color: Desmond Howard
Sidelines: Charlie Sanders
Lions Radio Network Flagship: 97.1 FM The Ticket (WXYT-FM)
Play-By-Play: Dan Miller
Color: Jim Brandstatter
Sidelines: Tony Ortiz
2008 Preseason Records: Lions, 3-0; Bills, 2-1
2007 Records: Lions, 7-9; Bills, 7-9

I didn't bother posting the depth chart, as there's been no changes. The fact that your 1st and 2nd round picks are still listed and 2nd and 3rd strings, respectively, disturbs me quite a bit. It's time Gosder Cherilus and Jordon Dizon assert themselves, big time.

The 10 things I'm watching, dammit!

1. Health
2. Health
3. Health
4. Health
5. Health
6. Health
7. Health
8. Health
9. Health
10a. Health
10b. Drew Henson: I'm curious to see what, if anything, the former Wolverine has left. I'm watching his health, too.

I doubt I'll watch much of the game tonight, as I have another FFL draft, plus the aforementioned televised events. (No, I'm not watching "The Moment of Truth!") I'll record it, and fast forward through the boring parts...Meaning I'll be able to watch the game in about 10 minutes, 15 tops.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hoping no one gets hurt. As long as the Lions come out of tonight's game unscathed, they'll get an A+ from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment