Thursday, February 21, 2008

(The better late than never ) Detroit fishwrap comment of the day - If Sheff's mad, it must be baseball season

Love him or hate him, you can't deny the Tigers Gary Sheffield is a tad outspoken. You could even say he's quite free in giving his opinions.

Freep commenter chrisdallas mines Sheffield's tendency to speak his mind for humor, getting a giggle out of me, when he sticks tongue deep in cheek, and posted the following...

Boy. Gary should really say what's on his mind more often. He's too timid...

Why the Sheff snark? Well, Sheffield is angry. In fact, it's safe to say he's extremely pissed off. At what or who, you ask? Well, there's a certain agent looking over his highly compensated shoulder tonight.

Sheff spoke his quite angry mind today in regard to past transgressions against him, as he let the world know his plans to confront his former agent, Mr. Evil Incarnate, Scott "Next question" Boras.

“It's going to be the ugliest thing you've ever seen because certain people you don't mess with,” he said. “And I guarantee you, I'm one of them.”

If I'm Boras, I wouldn't want to be in the same hemisphere as Sheffield, let alone the same country.

I have some advice for Mr Evil Incarnate. If I were in your (now quaking) $1000 shoes, I wouldn't hesitate to update my last will and testament, pay up my life insurance and hire a couple extra bodyguards. Get your affairs in order ASAP, as Gary Sheffield is not a man to be trifled with...

As a Tigers fan who now knows Sheff plays his best when he has a chip the size of the rock of Gibraltar on his tender shoulder, to see him so utterly PEEVED at the totally unlikeable asshat Boras pleases me to no end. There will be no April slumps this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment