Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Rasheed Wallace, philosopher

The blog hating Pistons beat writer, Chris McCosky, in his "blog," give we Pistons fans another reason to love Rasheed Wallace. McCosky quotes the mercurial 'Sheed after his dominating performance in last night's win against the Pacers.

When asked if he was upset about being pulled from the game late in the 1st half to avoid getting his 3rd foul, 'Sheed replied...

"That's what happens, sometimes," he said with a shrug. "I ain't trippin' about it."

"I ain't trippin' about it." The statement is brilliant in it's simplicity and wisdom. If you ask me, those are words to live by. Words we should all live by. Words entire countries should live by...

The world would be a much better place if we all took 'Sheed's wise advice. Actually, I often wish 'Sheed would take his own advice when taking out his on-court frustrations on the referees.

Get called for a ticky-tack foul? Don't get the call on after obviously being hacked? Remember your advice. Don't be trippin' over it, 'Sheed.

From now on, I'm going to do my best to live by the teachings of 'Sheed. When something happens in my life that I have no control over? Rather than let my blood pressure spike, I'll remember 'Sheed's thoughts, and say...

I ain't trippin' about stuff that happens sometimes.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment