Sunday, October 28, 2007

Paying respects...

I wasn't able to see any of Sparty's self-destruction against the Hawkeyes, and very little of the Wolverines (Closer than the score indicated) win over the (Fools) Golden Gophers on Saturday. As I like to say, real life got in the way. Unfortunately, real life was all too real this week.

My day was spent paying respects to my brother-in-law's dad, as earlier this week he passed away, at a much too young age, from a heart attack. The afternoon was spent with friends and family at an Irish-style wake, with an open bar, of which Chuck would have highly approved.

Chuck was a fun guy, an avid hunter and outdoorsman, who was also a big fan of Detroit sports. I tipped many a beer with him at family get-togethers, with discussions usually centering on the team we love, and love to hate, the Detroit Lions.

Here's hoping the Lions win one for Chuck today. He will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment