Thursday, April 19, 2007

Rod Allen's one shining moment

As I was reading Bill Simmons' column today, to my delight, a reader sent him the You Tube link to one of the more infamous incidents in pro baseball history...

Rod Allen nearly starting World War III.

I can't remember the last time Fox Sports Detroit ran the clip during a Tigers game, so it's been ages since I've seen it. We are talking a slice of baseball history here, along with it being a mainstay of the "Rod Allen Drinking Game."

So, without further ado, here's Rod Allen's one shining moment, his chasing a Japanese pitcher around an entire stadium.

One warning: The clip has strange music and Japanese narration. It looks to have taken from some sort of sports bloopers clip show.

Enjoy...

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how it is that I've never seen this. Rod Allen is in my opinion, Detroit's version of Joe Morgan.

    ReplyDelete