Saturday, April 21, 2007

I had all the respect in the world for the Calgary Flames...

...Until the last 10 minutes of game 5 with the Red Wings.

Talk about gooning a game up. Cheap shots abounded. It was stickwork at it's worst. I have no problem with physical hockey, in fact I enjoy, as they say, old time hockey. But I'm not talking about the mid-70's Broad Street Bullies, whom the Flames were channeling in the 3rd period.

It was a disgusting display of goonmanship. I have a feeling that the Flames may have knocked the Red Wings out of their stupor with their idiotic attempts to injure. I bet they come out flying Sunday night.

I don't have time tonight to go into my full thoughts about today's Red Wings win. It's probably a good thing, as I might say some very nasty things about Iginla, McLennan, Langkow and the rest of the Charlestown Chiefs Calgary Flames.

No comments:

Post a Comment