Thursday, April 10, 2008

Red Wings, yes! Tigers, not again!

I'll have more tomorrow, but here's my really quick and dirty thoughts about tonight's events...

Tigers: 9 WALKS? 9 God damn walks! Count 'em, 123456789! You deserve to lose when you walk an entire baseball team! Good God damn Lord, the hitting is finally coming around, but the pitching? The bullpen? Just...Just...ARRRGH.

I know it won't, and shouldn't, happen, but the way I'm feeling after watching tonight's bullpen debacle, I'd be happy if the Tigers took the sage advice of those famous film reviewers, Big Jim McBob and Billy Sol Hurok...

The Tigers' bullpen? Blow 'em up good! Blow 'em up real good!

Well, at least 1-8 is better than 0-9. I never, ever thought I'd write that line...

Red Wings: Not the greatest performance, but I'll take a win to start the playoffs anytime. The ancient and insane Czech was quite good in net, with the only goal being scored was off of a deflection that bounced off who knows how many players in front of the net.

Unfortunately, this was still your typical Red Wings playoff game. They massively out shot the Predators, had plenty of scoring chances, outplayed them for long stretches, yet the game was still in doubt very late in the 3rd period. I wasn't at ease till Hank Zetterberg scored an empty net goal in the final seconds.

All in all, it was a good start for the Wings. I'm happy anytime you win a playoff game, even when it's beating an 8 seed. Only 15 more wins to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment