Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Why Detroit sports talk radio blows: Reason #532

I tune over to WKRK, 97.1 The Ticket, as I'm not a Jim Rome guy. Thanks to that unfortunate decision, I found myself listening to some of the most irritating radio I've EVER heard. Yes, even more irritating than Rome...

Scott Anderson and Doug Karsh have spent the last half hour arguing over the following...Was Eli Manning's prayer to David Tyree was a good or bad pass? I've lost part of my pitiful life listening to the most asinine, stupid and what the fuck forced discussion I've ever heard. By the way, that sound you hear is me kicking my own ass for listening to this tripe.

Are things that slow in Detroit that LOCAL sports talk radio is rehashing 1 fucking play in the Super Bowl? They could be discussing something closer to home, and much more meaningful. Say the absolute rampage the Red Wings and Pistons are on, or the Tigers signing Curtis Granderson.

But no! Let's not cover the 3 teams who may be the beat in their respective leagues. Let's spend the afternoon lamely arguing utter bullshit that is already old news.

By the way, it was one of those "NONONO...YES!" plays. Manning threw the ball up for grabs, Tyree made a great catch. Discussion over.

Unfortunately, the discussion is NEVER over on Detroit sports talk radio. They have to run a subject so far into the ground, you need an excavating crew to find it...

No comments:

Post a Comment