Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mlive comment of the day

With the list of the Detroit Lions 2008 opponents being released, the Mlivers are off and speculating. Turns out there is little hope amongst the Lions diehards, as the '08 schedule is the 9th toughest in the NFL, with 7(!) games against 2007 playoff teams (Including 2 games against the Packers).

I'm sure Rod Marinelli took one look at the upcoming schedule, and began to polish up his resume. As for our moronic GM, I'm thinking Millen took one look at all the playoff teams on next season's schedule, and then went back to his crayons and coloring book...

There's a handful of Mlive loons who think the Lions will turn thing around. But the Kool-Aid drinkers and cornbread eaters are few and far between.

One Mliver though, going by the name of A2Leo, has a brilliant idea...

Quick get Fontes on the Bat phone!

YES! We all know that Wayne has been waiting for the siren call of the Lions, so he can come back to save his beloved team. Just the thought of the Big Buck patiently waiting for his Honolulu blue and silver batphone to ring brings a smile to my face.

"I know Mistah Ford is gonna call.
I wasn't fired, I'm just on a 12 year leave of absence! Ring, dammit, ring!"

I know, I know, it's never gonna happen. Just let me have this. A blogger can dream, can't he?

1 comment:

  1. Nice schedule. Can't wait to see which wide receiver Dumbass will draft with his top 5 pick in '09.

    ReplyDelete