Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Arthritis sucks, in case you didn't know...

I apologize for the dearth of posts today. The monsoon like weather here in SE Michigan is wreaking havoc on my arthritic joints. As you might guess, I haven't felt much like writing. So my thoughts will be short and sweet tonight.

Big win for the Tigers tonight. Huge win. But to win with with Jair Jurrjens throwing a 1 hitter? Then a 7 consecutive out bullpen performance, straight out of 2006, from Zumaya, Rodney, and Jones? I did not see any of that coming...

It's the sort of victory a team can build on. Then again, I've thought the same thing after a few other victories over the past month. It remains to be seen if the Tigers can parlay a nice win into a much needed winning streak.

Let's hope the Tigers can follow up by actually winning a series. And let's hope I'm feeling a little more like my old self tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Al, too bad about the rain. You should live somewhere where it never rains, as I do, such as the Western Colorado desert. We had .81 inches of rain in June--all in a ten hour period--.56 in July and .34 thus far in August. And this is the rainy season. Actually, October and November are the rainy season, but by then no one notices because the Broncos are more or less in contention and it's one of many hunting seasons. No real news about the Tigers, Lions, Pistons, or Red Wings, except for the internet and blogs such as yours. Hope you're feeling better. A four hit game--by both teams--with all the hits being for extra bases is a real rarity. Great pitching except for a few high mistakes.

    ReplyDelete