Thursday, May 03, 2007

Robert Lang saved the Red Wings. I sure didn't see that coming...

I'm keeping things short today, as I'm tired and cranky. Spending the afternoon with doctors and my mother (No offense mom!) does that to me. So does watching a hockey game well into the night...

I really don't have much to say about the Red Wings - Sharks game as a whole, as I missed most of the 1st period thanks to "Lost" (One Hell of an episode last night) and from yawning every couple of minutes.

Much like Ian, my ass was dragging this morning. I managed to stay awake and watched till the not so bitter end. It was just one more reason I'm growing more and more disenchanted with the NHL.

I don't want to be watching the Wings till 1:30 in the morning. I've ranted and raved about the asinine scheduling the Red Wings have to put up with with their being a eastern time zone team playing in the west. But it's in the NHL's best interest to keep one of their Original 6 meal tickets in the west. Lack of sleep of what fans the NHL has left, or casual fans no longer bothering to watch, be damned.

It's not as if I have to get up at 7am, as I once did when I was still able bodied and working. At this point, it's the principle of the thing. At that time of night, I'd rather be...Well, definitely not watching hockey. The time is going to come when I won't.

Other quick thoughts about last night...

I still think Robert Lang is an overpaid waste of space on the ice, but if he can score a few more clutch goals, I'll get rid of the "Waste of space" when referring to him.

If Lang could show even a bit of the hustle and toughness of a Tomas Holmstrom, I'd get rid of "Overpaid" as well...

Dominik Hasek is outplaying Evgeni Nabokov. By a big margin. It's wonderful that Lang beat Nabokov, it may have saved the Wings season, but you have to admit it was a soft soft goal. Did I say it was soft? Cause it was...

At the very least, if the Red Wings win this series or not, I can no long claim that they are a soft, weak willed, team that lacks a hunger to win. Could you see the Red Wings of the past few playoff runs wining last night's game? Me neither.

No comments:

Post a Comment