Saturday, April 28, 2007

If every notion you ever had turned out horribly wrong, what would you do? You'd do "The Opposite."

Today is the Detroit Lions Super Bowl, the NFL Draft. Bad things normally happen on draft day. Things like Mike Williams, Kalimba Edwards, Brian Calhoun, Joey Harrington, I need not go on.

I have just one suggestion for Matt Millen, one he should heed.

Follow the advice of a man who had the same track record as you, if not worse. Do what he did, it changed his life. It can change yours...

Just who am I talking about? I'll give you a hint...

Jerry Seinfeld once told him, "If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right."

You'd swear Seinfeld was talking about Matt Millen, not...George Costanza.


Please, Matt, take George Costanza's advice to heart...

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing, and regret it for the rest of the day, so now I will do the opposite, and I will do something!"

"I'm completely ignoring every urge towards common sense and good judgment I've ever had. This is no longer just some crazy notion. Jerry, this is my religion."

It worked for Costanza, it can work for you. Matt, when you make your pick around 12:30 Saturday afternoon, I'm begging you, pay no attention to your gut feelings, ignore what your every instinct is telling you. Do "THE OPPOSITE."

Make it your religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment