Monday, March 26, 2007

Revenge was a dish best served by Darren McCarty

I think every Red Wings fan knows where they were om March 26, 1997. Me? I was in a bar, watching the game, as my friends and I knew, along with every hockey fan in North America, that Hell was going to break loose that night against Colorado. We weren't disappointed.

We all remember the fight like it was yesterday. Darren McCarty sucker punching Claude Lemieux (Yes, I'll admit it was a sucker punch, but since it was Lemieux...) , then continuing to pummel the turtling evil Lemieux, Brendan Shanahan flying through the air, Mike Vernon leaving Patrick Roy's face a bloody mess, those are iconic images that will forever live on in Red Wings history.

When the Wings won the game 6-5 in OT, I think the fans, and the Red Wings themselves, knew that this was the year that they would finally win the Stanley Cup.

In honor of the 10 year anniversary of one of the greatest nights in Red Wing history, let's watch the highlights!



And here's the fight in it's awesome entirety. Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment