Tuesday, January 16, 2007

TWFE gets international headlines as your typical American. Ugly American, that is...

Someone at The Guardian, one of the big newspapers in the U.K., reads TWFE. Or at least found TWFE while looking for snarky U.S. responses to David Beckham coming to this side of the pond. Part of the post was excerpted for the article, and one of my sarcastic remarks was used as the headline...

"Isn't he Mr. Posh Spice?"

I never thought that I'd be the representative for soccer hating American citizens. Funny, as I don't hate soccer, it's just not my cup of tea.

I'm glad to see that I'm doing my part in upholding the "Ugly American" stereotype in other parts of the civilized world.

3 comments:

  1. Dude, they used the "bicycle kick in the nuts" quote! That's sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm envious, Big Al! You're international now! The Detroit sports blogosphere's greatest export!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, of course, that Guardian readers who follow the link back here will probably be disappointed to find out this isn't The Wayne Fonte Sexperience blog.

    ReplyDelete