Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Post holiday housecleaning

Things will be back to normal here at TWFE tomorrow. I expect my posting to be back on schedule, that being damn near every day at whatever time I feel like.

I do have a couple of quick thoughts in regard to the last few days....

The more I think about Michigan's performance, or more correctly the lack thereof, in the Rose Bowl, the more pissed I become, and the more I believe I let Lloyd Carr and the Wolverines coaching staff off much too easy yesterday. The Wolverines embarrassed themselves, pure and simple.

The hugely entertaining Fiesta Bowl more than made up for the Rose Bowl debacle, I think we can all agree. We can only hope that Carr and Mike DeBord were watching and learning. Boise State was as unpredictable and fun of a team to watch as I've ever seen. When BSU's late game playcalling has you literally jumping out of your La-Z-Boy yelling "GODDAMN! HOLY SHIT! THE STATUE OF LIBERTY? I DON'T BELIEVE IT!", yet Michigan's you can accurately predict 90% of the time, nothing more needs to be said as to who you'd rather have on your sidelines.

Say what you will about the Worldwide Leader (They are evil incarnate), they do a damn fine job covering college football. FOX's presentation was as bad as bad gets. Chris Rose? Barry Switzer? Please...

Alabama is backing up the Brinks truck for Nick Saban. The Dolphins are doing their damnedest to keep him from leaving, and will most likely back up their own Brinks truck. That leads me to this question. Can anyone explain to me again how Michigan State didn't know what they had in Saban, and let him leave East Lansing uncontested? But I'm sure MSU's latest Conference USA reject, Mark Dantonio, is a much better solution...

So Matt Millen is coming back for a 7th season? We all knew it was going to happen, but Christ Almighty, that blows. On the bright side, at least I'll have at least 1 more season's worth of material. I'll have plenty more to say about the Lions tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment