Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Housekeeping...

As if anyone actually cares, following are the upcoming appearances of "The Wayne Fontes Experience."

I'll be at tonight's Tigers game, section 114, and most likely slightly buzzed thanks to a pregame at Nemo's. I also plan on taking lousy pitcures to post on TWFE, if I can figure out that dag gum new technology called a "Box shaped digital pitcure taking thingy."

My season ticket holding bro-in-law needs a drinking buddy, so I will also be appearing at the (I REFUSE to call them "Preseason games.") Detroit Lions exhibition game Friday night. I'll be expecting lousy, boring football, but it's an excuse to drink overpriced, warm beer, which you just cannot pass up... As for where I'll be sitting, I don't know the section as of yet, because I've forgotten which one it is. I'll be seeing said bro-in-law tonight, so I'll have more details to follow. As for pix, depends on how it goes tonight, and that I doubt that I'll have one hand free of beer. To be able to survive a Lions game, exhibition or regular season, Lion fans have become two-fisted drinkers to numb themselves from the inevitable carnage on the field.

If all goes as planned, while at Comerica tonight I'll be also picking up tix for the Speptember 5th Detroit Tigers baseball bloggers outing. Blame Ian for encouraging me to leave the cave that is TWFE HQ, and show my mug in the sunlight. Hopefully I'll be able to round up a couple of tix near where all the cool, popular blogger clique people will be sitting. Odds are I'll be in the Bob Uecker seats...

Death to Comcast! Last night, for some strange reason, the analog cable channels went out during the 5th inning of the Tiger game. But the digital channels were still working fine. Just what I wanted. I could watch all of the Oxygen, CSPAN2, and DIY channels that I wanted, but Fox Sports Detroit? Nope... You want to guess when the analog channels came back? The exact moment the game ended and the Detroit Sports Report came on the air. Nice frigging timing...

No comments:

Post a Comment