Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Quick thoughts on the NBA Finals

The Mavericks' season is on the line. Down 3, 26 seconds left, and Dallas has Eric Dampier actually touch the ball? On a play that requires him to set a pick, break for the basket, and catch the ball, all while on the move? What...The...Hell? Personally, I wouldn't have had a stiff like Dampier in the arena, let alone on the floor. Why on earth wouldn't Avery Johnson have Nowitski or Terry take the shot? I know Nowitski made the pass, but I'd rather have the game in his hands than in the stone hands of Eric f'n Dampier. Dumb, dumb, dumb. It bears repeating, dumb, dumb, dumb.

I know that the Mavs had a chance to tie the game at the end of regulation, but the game spun out of control due to that strange play call.

I'll say this about Mark Cuban. He's a Hell of a good owner, and he's a fan of the game. I have absolutely no problem with his histronics. Why? Because I realize that if I was a billionaire who owned a team, I'd act exactly the same damn way as Cuban. Insane. One thing though...I'd try to dress nicer and have a better hair cut.

I find the NBA champion Miami Heat to be an extremely unlikable team, save for Shaq and Dwayne Wade. Honestly, it's a damn shame that the following asshats have rings...

Alonzo Mourning, who quit on both the Nets and Raptors, forcing a trade and an then an outright release, and made a shit load of guaranteed money in the process. Where do you think Vince Carter learned how to quit on a team? Every shot block requires Mourning to flex, preen, scream, and point attention to himself.

Jason Williams, a rascist homophobe redneck. Remember his run in with an Asian fan in Sacramento? Straight from White Chocolate's not so literate mouth..."Are you gay? Are you a fag?" "I will shoot all you Asian motherfuckers!" "Do you remember the Vietnam War, I’ll kill y'all just like that. Just like Pearl Harbor, do you remember that?" A rocket scientist, he is not.

Antoine Walker, who never saw a shot he didn't like, or a defense he would play. The strutting down the floor while shimmying his shoulders is one of the most annoying showboat moves ever. Celtics fans have to be wondering why it took Walker 11 seasons before he decided to play team ball as a complimentary player, rather than be the me-me-me first player he was in Boston.

The opportunist that is Pat Riley, who unceremoniously threw Stan Van Gundy under the bus with no shame, while using an unbelievable explanation. Think Van Gundy will be happy with getting a ring? I expect to see his turn up on Ebay.

The NBA, it's fantastic the home of horrific officiating, unlikable players, playoffs that last longer than the reign of the Roman Empire, teams that throw games to better their draft status, the Worldwide Leader's cluelessness, and Stephen A. Smith's 120 db "Expert" analysis.

If all this sounds like sour grapes coming from a Pistons fan, you're quite observant...

No comments:

Post a Comment