Saturday, January 21, 2006

My weak ass confrence final picks follow, you have been warned...

I'm going to go with my quarterback corollary again, even if it was blown out of the water last weekend. Lets play QB roulette and see if we can avoid the 0 & 00 on the wheel.

Carolina at Seattle: I'll put my money on Jake Delohomme over Matt Hasselbeck anytime. In a nutshell, Jake doesn't make mistakes. Can you remember a Delohomme playoff meltdown? Me neither. I don't have that faith in Hasselbeck. A bigger factor is that Hallesbeck doesn't have Steve Smith to throw to, whom would make even me look good. Shawn Alexander is a non factor, Smith runs wild in the secondary, and Carolina wins a low scoring (Take the under) game by a TD.

Pttsburgh at Denver
: Jake Plummer, to my surprise, didn't screw the pooch and outplayed Tom Terrific. Can he avoid the big time back breaking mistake again? I still can't shake the thought that it's a matter of when, not if, he'll blow up and throw 3 picks. I've become a believer in Big Ben Roethlisberger. I've called him a "Caretaker quaterback" in the past, causing me to now eat much crow. He's much better than that, and has shown that he can make plays in the clutch, as cliche' as that sounds. Hell, I'm still trying to figure how he made that game saving takle last Sunday. Denver will try to take advantage of their home field advantage and come out fast, but Plummer mistakes keep the Steeelers hanging around. Let's go out on a HUGE limb and say a Plummer turnover in OT will be the difference. "The Bus" comes home to the D for Super Bowl Extra Large as the Steelers win with an OT field goal. On this game as well, take the under.

A reminder, dear readers. These picks are for entertainment purposes only, as I am a lousy handicapper. I take no responsibility if a goon knocks at your door looking to take out your knee caps after you bet the car payment with "Louie the Book" at your local gin mill. As David Letterman always says, "This is an exhibition, not a competition. Please, no wagering." I know, I know, it doesn't exactly fit what I'm trying to say, but I love to say it whenever I get the chance...

No comments:

Post a Comment