Saturday, January 14, 2006

Dude, why "The Wayne Fontes Experience?"


A better question would be, "Why not?"

I think of it this way. Who better to name a blog after? Wayne-o is the bestest football coach evah! Bill Belicheck has nothing on the Big Buck. Who else could last 8 seasons as a NFL head coach with a losing record? Wayne, that's who. Who could get busted for cocaine posession, blame it on his kid, and get away with it? My man Wayne. Who was Barry Sanders all-time favorite coach? It sure as hell wasn't Bobby Ross. It was Mr. Fontes. For whom did The Worldwide Leader's Chris Berman coin the term "Rasputin game?" None other than Wayne Fontes. Name a Lions coach that has actually won a playoff game in the last 49 years. WAYNER did, that who! What do Lions fans chant when they are pissed off at their current sacrifical lamb coach? (Other than "Fire Millen" that is...) "Bring back Wayne! Bring back WAYNE!"

That's why I've called my spot on the web "The Wayne Fontes Experince." Well...There's that, and it just sounds better than "The Bobby Ross Enclave."

1 comment:

  1. If you had told me six years ago that one day I would really, honestly and truly miss Wayne Fontes...

    Egads.

    I really like the site so far, Al. Not too many good Detroit sports blogs out there. (In fact, in thinking about it I guess I don't really know of any. Definitely not Terry Foster's...)

    ReplyDelete