Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year from TWFE!

Another year has gone by the books, and we are on the verge of 2008. Jesus, 2008?!

In some ways, I'm sad to see 2007 go, as this was year TWFE began to truly spread it's wings. Especially over the last half of '07, when I realized that I was on to something with TWFE, and made a concerted effort to take the next step with this little blog.

So far, so good! There has been a steady growth in visits and page views, especially over the past 3 months. Visits in 2007 have tripled over 2006.

When I started TWFE 1 year and 362 days ago, I was happy with 1 post a day. Now my goal is 4 posts daily, and I want to increase that as the blog matures. I don't always reach that goal, you can debate the quality of the posts, and trust me, sometimes it isn't easy to write on a slow sports day. But I try to remember one of my favorite quotes, written by Robert Browning...

“Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?”

OK, enough pretentiousness...

When I decided the time had come to do more with TWFE, I also made a conscious choice to keep TWFE as Detroit-centric as possible. There's plenty of excellent blogs where you can get a funny/smart/snide perspective on national stories. That's why I want to keep TWFE first, last, and always, a Detroit blog.

As for TWFE itself, there will be changes as '08 progresses (Things are happening that I can't talk about publicly just yet), but the content will remain the same. Smart assed and snarky!

In closing what has become a state of the blog address, I want to thank every single one of you readers. It means a lot to me that you take a portion of your day to read TWFE!

Now go out and enjoy New Years Eve! It's amateur night out there, so please be careful...

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you next year!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Al. I think the entire Detroit blogosphere is growing, both in number of blogs and in overall readers-- both are good things.

    You're doing excellent work. Now that the evil pigskin game is over, hope to see more Pistons stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kurt! Your words mean a lot coming from a professional. I'm thrilled that MAT is doing gangbusters as well.

    There's a ton of good things going on in the Detroit blogosphere, it really did take off over the past 12 months.

    I'm sure I'll be writing much more on the Pistons and Wings now that the Lions have finished stomping on my heart. I'll try to touch on college hoop some as well, but with the B10N imbroglio, I can't see the damn games!

    ReplyDelete