Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Housekeeping: I'm tired!

Just a quick personal update today, as I'm feeling extremely whipped.

For those of you concerned about my health, and the Lions' ineptitude will end up causing my early demise, not to worry. The fog of hate has lifted, and I'm still feeling decent, save for tiring easily, thanks to that pesky internal bleeding.

Which leads me to today. I talked to the gastroencologist this afternoon, and the verdict is...to check out the plumping from BOTH ends. WHEEE!

So I have both a colonoscopy and endoscopy scheduled on October 21st to determine what's wrong. He'll knock me out first, thank goodness.

The doctor's educated guess is the Prioxcam I take (a NSAID I take daily for my osteoarthritis) is causing problems in my stomach. Be it an ulcer, irritation, or it's turning into hamburger, we don't know yet. I have to admit this is something I've been long concerned about, as the meds I take to keep me mobile and keep the pain at bay can be toxic if taken too often/long.

Al's passed out at the keyboard...again.

After the relative excitement of talking to the medical dudes, I really didn't feel like writing much of anything when I got home, let alone getting my righteous indignation riled up about Detroit sports. I ended up taking a long nap instead. Before all this started napping was something I rarely felt the need to do. Now it's happening all too often.  

Anyway, I'll be back posting at TWFE tomorrow, bitching about something or other. Maybe I'll come up with a few more Rod Marinelli jokes too. See ya then!

5 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon, Al.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your health is most important. Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest.

    The Lions will continue to be crappy even without your commentary - they will wait for you to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Buddy always says, ain't nothing wrong with an afternoon nap....hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's probably the meds. I just had the same two procedures and nothing showed up. Stopped taking the meds and symptoms went away. Now, I just have pain instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I'm hanging in there...

    ReplyDelete